POINTS TO PONDER
This is a new addition to the site that readers can contribute to. It is in the "Advanced" Reader section because you should have a good handle on Scripture before delving into the "meat" of His words. These are comments and topics people have talked to us about and are worthy to post for others to consider. We will attempt to keep them organized by topic. You may contribute by sending your "Point to Ponder" to us for consideration by clicking here. Most all reading this have a desire to do our Father's will, not to add to it or diminish from it (Deuteronomy 12:32).
1 Corinthians 10:4, "and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ." Most all translations have an upper case "C" for "christos" (which means "anointed" - Strong's #5547). As such, they claim and teach this "anointed" was Yahshua in His "pre-existent" form. Consider---there actually was a rock anointed, only one in scripture, and possibly one which followed the nation of Israel from the time it was anointed until the present (see Genesis 22:16-22 for the start). Something to consider--
Some Things to think about --
If our mighty one doesn't care what mighty one we worship, or
Whether we respect His Name, or
Whether we keep His Sabbaths and
His Laws, then our mighty one is
Some other than YAHUAH!
[from "The Besorah," p. 34]
* * * * * * * * * *
Being a "cultural" believer is like a beautiful cut flower.... A cut flower appears beautiful for a time but, since it has no roots, it will eventually wither and die. So, strengthen your "roots"!
* * * * * * * * * *
--David selected 5 smooth stones to overcome the enemy (1 Samuel 17:40);
we should use 5 smooth "books" [Torah] to overcome our enemy!
Passover: Leavened Bread for the Memorial?
- Yahweh would not take sin upon Himself; compare with the Messiah taking sin upon Himself for us.
- Yahweh gave the original instructions for Passover (no sin/leaven) with the lamb being sacrificed the end of the 14th compared with Yahshua giving the new emblems for Passover at the beginning of the 14th (taking sin/leaven upon Himself).
- The word for “leaven” in Matthew 26:26, Mark 14:22 and Luke 22:19 is Strong’s #740, “artos.” It means “puffed up, leavened.” Interestingly, the root word is Strong’s #G142 meaning “raised up” which adds to its meaning of being leavened.
- Matthew 26:17 adds the word “unleavened” prior to “bread” for clarification.
- Hebrews 9:2 adds the word “sacred” prior to “bread” for clarification.
Something to ponder and study for ourselves.
Feast of Unleavened Bread
- Does the biblical leaven include baking powder, baking soda, egg whites, etc.? The word leavened in Exodus 12:25 is Strong's #H7603, "A masculine noun meaning leaven, yeast. It refers to a fungus that ferments sugars." A key word may be "ferments." An example aside from traditional "yeast" would be sour dough. On the other hand, baking powder and baking soda are chemicals which, when mixed with an acid ingredient such as buttermilk, cause the contents to rise by releasing carbon dioxide. Most know that egg whites also cause rising, not from fermentation, rather from whipping air into the batter. Something to ponder.
- Do we remove leaven from "our gates" or from "our houses"? Many have been taught from "our gates" which would include detached buildings, automobiles, etc. The word "house" in Exodus 12 is Strong's #H1004 and literally means "house, dwelling,,,, and is used basically to denote a building in which a family lives." Compare this with Deuteronomy 6:9 and 11:20 with the word "gates," which is Strong's #H8179 and would include all your property. In fact, in both of those verses there appears to be a distinction between your "house" and your "gates." Something to ponder.
Out of Order? - Daniel
It seems like there are four chapters which are out of order. Something to check out for yourself and ponder on it to see if there is any reason for it. The first set of chapters are as follows with the "correct" chapter in parentheses and an explanation below them:
- Daniel 5(7):1, Belshazzar the king held a great feast.
- Daniel 5(7):30, That same night Belshazzar the Chaldean king was slain.
- Daniel 5(7):31, So Darius the Mede received the kingdom at about the age of sixty-two.
- Daniel 6(8):1, It seemed good to Darius to appoint 120 satraps over the kingdom, that they should be in charge of the whole kingdom.
- Daniel 7(5):1, In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon...
- Daniel 8(6):1, In the third year of the reign of Belshazzar the king...
Seems like Daniel 7 should be Chapter 5 speaking of the first year of Belshazzar, Daniel 8 should be Chapter 6 speaking of the third year of the reign of Belshazzar the king, Daniel 5 should be Chapter 7 as it ends with Belshazzar being slain and Darius the Mede receiving the kingdom, and Daniel 6 should be Chapter 8 beginning with Darius appointing 120 satraps over the kingdom.
"G-d" in the So-Called "New Testament"
We know that the translators took out our Heavenly Father’s Name, replacing it with titles. We also know that created confusion and assisted in promoting pagan concepts such as the trinity. Although the Messiah and His apostles would never have used those titles in reference to Yahweh, it “appears” thus for us because the translators DID use them.
More times than not, when "G-d" appears in the so-called New Covenant, it should be or refer to our Heavenly Father. If that is the case, perhaps we should start reading more carefully which would eliminate some confusion in areas where there should be none! (Such as confusing our Father with His Son in Name or practice.) There are a few places where it is used with L-RD (still referring to Yahweh) and other places where "g-d" merely means “mighty one,” but very few (Matthew 1:23, for one) overall. You must understand the context when reading!
Here are just a few examples:
- Matthew 4:3 – [Adversary speaking to Yahshua] If you are the Son of G-d [Yahweh] command that these stones
- Matthew 26:63 - …tell us whether you are the Messiah, the son of G-d [Yahweh]
- Mark 1:1 - …good news of Yahshua Messiah, the Son of G-d [Yahweh]
- Luke 4:34 – I know who You are [speaking TO Yahshua]—the Holy One of G-d [Yahweh]
- John 17:3 – may know you, the only true G-d [Elohim referring to Yahweh], AND Yahshua…
- Acts 2:36 – Let all the house of Israel know for certain that G-d [Yahweh] has made Him both Master and Messiah—this Yahshua whom you impaled
Do your own Bible study into this—it may make your understanding even more clear as you read.
Stay tuned, more to come! Send your "points to ponder"!